Friday 16 October 2015

Boracay trip – Prologue

I wanted a getaway during my birthday weekend and have shortlisted Boracay as one of the destination. Tiger Airway was having 50% off for NTUC card holder and return ticket to Kalibo cost S$127 which is relatively cheap as the ticket is around S$200 before this promo came along. Luckily I did not book earlier otherwise I'll be cursing and swearing on the extra $70 spend. I am completing my quest of visiting all the 10 countries in Asean after this Boracay trip as Philippines is the last Asean country in my list. =)

Tiger Airway flies direct to Kalibo airport (however, not all are direct flights as some involved transit in Cebu) which it is 2 hr away from Caticlan's jetty, then it's another 15min ferry ride to Boracay island. The nearest airport from Boracay is Caticlan airport which is just a 10min walk to Caticlan ferry but it only serves domestic flight. I have done research on the internet and pre-booking of transport from Kalino airport to Boracay is not necessary as it is more expensive to book online.

Boracay is one of the top beach destination and the 4km white beach is what put Boracay on the world map. It has 2 distinctive seasons: The sunny season “Amihan” from Nov - May is characterized by hot and humid weather with little or no rainfall and a prevailing northeast wind. The rainy season “Habagat” from Apr - Oct is characterized by frequent heavy rainfall and a prevailing southwest wind.
Map of Philippines (http://www.laplagedeboracay.com)

I have booked 3 nights stay at Ferra Hotel which is ranked No 1 in Tripadvisor B&B which cost ₱8,820 ~ S$267. It's consider cheap as most hotels cos at least S$150 a night in Boracay. I did consider staying at Shangri La Boracay but a night stay cost 20,000 ~ S$670 which is way out of my budget.

As I was busy with my house renovation, I didnt have the time to plan for this trip so my mentality for this trip is to come up with impromtu itinerary in Boracay. Few days before the trip, my friend gave me a local guide contact: Reymar +63 999 322 5039 so I may be engaging his service when we reach Boracay.

Itinerary for this trip:
Day 1: Reach @ 2.40pm
Day 2: Island hopping and cliff diving
Day 3: Rest & relax
Day 4: Depart @ 5pm

Budget for this trip is S$500:
- S$150 for accommodation
- S$25 for transport
- S$25 for departure tax
- S$100 for meals
- S$100 for island hopping, paraw-sailing
- S$50 for massage
- S$50 for shopping

No comments: